De facto Senate Majority Leader Bernie Sanders is spearheading the effort to pass the Senate’s $3.5 trillion (really $5 trillion) reckless tax and spending spree, and today he is taking his roadshow to Iowa. We will soon find out just how unpopular Socialist ideas like job-killing tax hikes and amnesty without border security are in Iowa.
One Iowan sure to give Bernie and his socialist pipe dream a standing ovation? Senate hopeful and failed Congresswoman Abby Finkenauer. During her incredibly short-lived stint in the U.S. House, Abby established a reputation for rubber stamping Nancy Pelosi’s radical agenda and voted against policies that are best for Iowa:
- Finkenauer voted to fund Sanctuary Cities, allow illegal immigrants to vote, and opposed efforts to secure the border.
- Finkenauer opposes Iowa’s Right to Work laws and would require every Iowa worker to join unions against their will.
- Finkenauer supports Medicare for All, which would bankrupt our country and destroy the Medicare system.
- Finkenauer is bought and paid for by D.C.’s abortion lobby. She supports forcing taxpayers to fund abortions and voted against providing medical care to babies born-alive after a failed abortion attempt.
- Finkenauer voted to hand D.C. the reins of Iowa’s elections and to use Iowans’ hard-earned tax dollars to fund her political campaign.
Statement from NRSC Spokeswoman Katharine Cooksey: “We cannot think of a better surrogate for Abby Finkenauer than socialist Bernie Sanders. They are absolutely aligned in their efforts to destroy the livelihood of hardworking Iowans, and we know Abby must be so disappointed not to be able to cast a vote in favor of Bernie’s reckless tax and spending spree.”