The National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) announced joint legal intervention with the Republican National Committee (RNC) to defend Arizona election integrity laws from a Democrat lawsuit:
“The radical Left in Arizona is challenging common-sense election reforms that are designed to maximize voter participation and eliminate voter fraud. The NRSC is proud to defend Arizona’s efforts to ensure fair elections in the face of Democrats’ push to stop common-sense election reforms. These lawsuits being pushed by the far-Left in Arizona are just another part of the Democrats’ Big Lie — that any effort to secure the integrity of our elections is racist.” – NRSC Chairman Sen. Rick Scott
“Even after their massive loss in the Supreme Court case Brnovich vs. DNC, Democrats and left-wing dark money groups are continuing to attack Arizona’s elections. The RNC is proud to help defend common-sense election integrity laws which prevent the mailing of ballots to dead voters and outdated home addresses. Republicans believe in making it easier to vote and harder to cheat, and we are confident that the courts will see through this latest Democrat attempt at scaremongering.” – RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel
- Today, the NRSC and RNC moved to intervene in Mi Familia Vota v. Hobbs, a lawsuit filed by left-wing dark money organizations challenging two common-sense laws protecting the integrity of Arizona’s elections.
- Democrats are attacking Senate Bill 1485, a recently enacted law that ensures ballots are mailed to their intended recipients by removing voters from a permanent vote-by-mail list if they don’t vote over a period spanning two general elections (4 straight years).
- The law stops ballots from being automatically mailed to dead people and those who no longer reside at the address where their ballot is mailed.
- All potentially impacted voters are mailed a notice before they are removed and can request to remain on the list. They also remain registered to vote.
- Democrats want to make this bill into a fake-outrage controversy, but it’s just common-sense housekeeping.
- Democrats are also challenging Arizona’s Election Day close-of-polls deadline for voters to cure ballots without a signature.
- The deadline ensures officials can validate the identity of individuals voting by mail and reduces administrative burdens on poll workers.
- The NRSC and RNC were instrumental in obtaining the recent monumental Supreme Court victory defending Arizona’s ballot harvesting ban in Brnovich v. DNC and look forward to beating left-wing plaintiffs in Arizona again in this baseless lawsuit.