Bad polling continues to roll in for Democrats according to a trio of new polls this morning from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, Fox News, and Politico-Harvard.
According to the AP:
- A whopping 69% of Americans think that the country’s economy is in poor shape.
- 65% of Americans disapprove of President Biden’s handling of the economy.
- By a 48% to 24% margin, Americans believe that the President’s policies are hurting more than helping.
These numbers were echoed by Fox News:
- 74% of voters believe that the economy is in fair/poor shape.
- 59% of voters disapprove of President Biden’s handling of the economy.
- 54% of voters disapprove of his job overall.
- On inflation specifically, 66% disapprove!
- By a 53% to 22% margin, voters believe that the President’s policies are hurting more than helping.
One quote sums it up:
“It’s going to get worse before it gets better,” said Adam Newago, 53, a truck driver from Eau Claire, Wisconsin. He sees inflation as spiraling outward with higher fuel prices increasing the costs of shipping and ultimately raising prices across the broader economy.
Newago said he reluctantly voted for President Donald Trump in 2020, while his wife cast her ballot for Biden. He feels that inflation at a 40-year high and the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan have led to a “mess.”
But it’s not just the economy that is a problem for President Biden and his allies. According to a Politico-Harvard poll, parents are increasingly fed up with Democrats’ handling of Covid, particularly as it relates to schools.
Try as they might to convince voters otherwise, vulnerable Senate Democrats like Mark Kelly, Raphael Warnock, Catherine Cortez Masto, Maggie Hassan, and Michael Bennet have voted in lockstep with Joe Biden and share in the blame for his disastrous agenda.
Statement from NRSC Spokesman T.W. Arrighi: “Democrats are on the wrong side of a record number of issues. Every day that passes, more and more polling shows a consensus that Democrats are taking us in the wrong direction in nearly every aspect of life. Each member of the Senate Democrat caucus owns Biden’s poor poll numbers as much as he does.”