Since early Spring, President Biden and Washington Democrats have insisted that inflation is merely transitory while piling on trillions in new spending and debt. Today, inflation is skyrocketing as the prices of everyday household items continue to rise, threatening the livelihoods of millions of American families.
With inflation on pace to reach its highest level in nearly forty years, President Biden and Washington Democrats are attempting to ram through a 2,400 page, multi-trillion tax and spending agenda that will all but guarantee to fuel the fire of inflation and further harm working families. Except this time, Americans can see right through it.
The Numbers Don’t Lie: Biden is to Blame
- A Politico/Morning Consult poll found that 62% of American voters blame the administration’s policies for increasing inflation.
- Last week’s CNN poll found that a minority of Americans (ONLY 25%) believe they and their family will be better off if Biden’s agenda passes.
- This week, Forbes wrote that Biden’s $1.9 trillion bailout bill from March is fueling short-term inflation.
Now, Biden and Washington Democrats are attempting to ram through a multi-trillion tax and spending plan that will only make inflation worse while American families continue paying the price
- Consumer prices in September rose 5.4% year over year, the fastest annual pace in 13 years.
- Energy prices are now up 24.8% over the past year.
- Food prices are now up 4.6% annually.
- Prices for meats, poultry, fish, and eggs have climbed 10.5% this year.
- Beef prices are up 17.6%.
- According to the Congressional Budget Office, “Inflation has eroded the purchasing power of families.”
The American people can see that the Democrats’ explosive tax and spending agenda is the wrong plan, at the wrong time, for the all the wrong reasons.