Political outsider, successful business leader, and Republican nominee for governor Glenn Youngkin’s campaign today announced the launch of new statewide ads highlighting elements of Youngkin’s Day One Game Plan—cutting costs for families and keeping our communities safe—released last week.
“We have a lot we need to get done here in Virginia, and we need to start strong. It is time for bold leadership, and eliminating the grocery tax and fully funding law enforcement—both part of my Day One Game Plan—addresses the challenges facing Virginians and puts us on a path toward making Virginia the best place to live, work, and raise a family,” said Glenn Youngkin. “Terry McAuliffe and his liberal Richmond allies are failing Virginia, and it’s going to take a new kind of leader—not a failed politician looking for a second chance—to create a Commonwealth where businesses can prosper, students can thrive, and communities are safe.”
The cost of living is rising, and Virginia is one of 13 states that tax groceries. As part of his Day One Game Plan, Youngkin has proposed thousands of dollars in tax relief by:
- Eliminating Virginia’s grocery tax & suspending the recent gas tax hike for 12 months;
- Providing a one-time tax rebate of $600 for joint filers and $300 for individuals;
- Ending runaway property taxes by requiring voter approval for increases; and
- Cutting income taxes by doubling the standard deduction and cutting taxes on veteran retirement pay.
In recent months, McAuliffe refused to meet with the Virginia Police Benevolent Association, announced his support for eliminating qualified immunity, which would make individual police officers vulnerable to frivolous lawsuits and to being personally bankrupted. Terry McAuliffe’s hand-picked parole board released violent criminals early, including a cop killer, and even made it easier for felons to get a gun. Furthermore, crime statistics under McAuliffe’s administration speak for themselves; the rape rate increased every year, the murder rate increased 43% and the aggravated assault rate increased.
Sheriffs from across the Commonwealth have spoken out against McAuliffe and endorsed Glenn Youngkin, including the 1,200+ member Virginia Law Enforcement Sheriff’s Organization which endorsed Youngkin last week, as well as 50 sheriffs from across the Commonwealth.
As part of the Day One Game Plan to keep our communities safe, Youngkin will:
- Fully fund law enforcement and protect qualified immunity for our law enforcement heroes;
- Fire the parole board and keep violent criminals off our streets;
- Launch #UnityInTheCommunity programs Operation Ceasefire & Project Exile; and
- Fix our broken mental health system.
Watch the Youngkin campaign’s new ads highlighting how on Day One, Glenn Youngkin will take action toward achieving his vision of Virginia having the best jobs, the best schools, and the safest communities in America:
VIDEO: Common Cents
VIDEO: Keep Virginia Safe
-Youngkin for Governor