The Republican National Committee (RNC) released a TV ad exposing Texas Democrats’ lies about voter ID and election integrity laws. The 30-second TV ad is running in the Austin, Texas media market, targeting Democrats that fled the Lone Star State. This is the second ad the RNC is running in Texas.
In the new TV ad, minister Melvin Everson slams Democrat lies for opposing commonsense Election Integrity reforms put forth by Republicans to make it easier to vote and harder to cheat.
“While Republicans are fighting to promote transparency and access to elections through several pieces of election integrity legislation across the country, Texas Democrats are doing what Democrats do best – abandoning the debate and peddling lies to the mainstream media. Americans see right through their partisan schemes, and Republicans will continue to fight for election integrity at every stage of the voting process.” – RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel
Everson: Everyone should have trust in our elections.
But Democrats are opposing commonsense voter reforms.
What are they afraid of?
Here’s what Republicans are actually for:
Only mailing ballots to registered voters,
More early voting,
Bipartisan election observers,
And verifying IDs.
We want to make it easier to vote and harder to cheat.
Maybe that’s what the Democrats are worried about.
- Last week, the RNC released a TV ad in the Austin, Texas media market slamming Democrat lies about black voters and voter ID laws.
- Earlier this month, the RNC released a TV ad airing during the MLB All-Star game about Democrats’ lies on election integrity in Georgia.
- Recent polling commissioned by the RNC showed more than 80% of all voters say verifying voter ID is an important security measure, 87% oppose ballot harvesting, and 71% believe ballots should not be accepted after election day.
- Texas Democrats have an established pattern of spreading lies and trying to create partisan theatrics to distract from common-sense election integrity measures.
- Their two walkouts in Texas are just the latest examples of their attention-seeking tactics.
- It started with a joy ride with a case of Miller Lite. And now has turned into a COVID-19 super spreader.
- To add insult to injury, these superspreader events came after Texas Democrats hypocritically flouted airplane mask mandates to post smiling selfies of themselves on their way to D.C.